Allevyn Ag Adhesive Silver Hydrocellular Foam Dressings, Smith & Nephew
|::||Product Name:||Allevyn Ag Adhesive Hydrocellular Foam Dressing|
|::||Available Sizes:||3" x 3", 5" x 5", and 7" x 7"|
|::||Packaging:||One box of 10 dressings|
Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew
Product Numbers: 66020970, 66020973, and 66020976
ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive is indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
- Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
- Pressure Sores
- Donor Sites
- Surgical Incisions
- Surgical Excisions
- Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
- Optimal exudate management
- Sustained antibacterial activity against a broad spectrum of chronic wound pathogens inc. MRSA
- Easy to use range of dressing sizes and formats with a wear time up to 7 days
- Breathable top film
- Foam core
- Non-adherent wound contact layer
- Profiled edges
- Reduces risk of excess fluid at the wound site, excess wound fluid is transpired away more quickly.
- Promotes rapid wound closure, reduced risk of maceration, less potential for leakage and odor, longer wear-time.
- Reduces bacterial load (in-vitro).
- Removes some barriers to healing allowing the host to regain control and progress the wound to closure.
- Product is easy to apply, can be removed in one piece, and is designed in sizes & shapes appropriate for target wound types.
- Adhesive products offer an all-in-one solution -no need for secondary retention.
- Provides a convenient, efficient, cost effective solution for wound management.
- Top film switches to become more breathable in the presence of fluid, therefore it responds, when the clinician needs it most.
- Provides an effective barrier to bacteria penetration.
- Conformable and comfortable.
- Provides absorption capacity for up to 7 days. (ALLEVYN Ag Sacrum up to 5 days)
- Prevents healing tissue from growing into the dressing minimizing pain on removal.
- Maintains a moist wound interface.
- Low allergy adhesive.
- Protects from leakage
Instructions for Use:
Select an appropriate size dressing. Prepare and clean the skin around the wound. SKIN-PREP Protective Wipes may be used to protect fragile skin. Peel back the protector papers and anchor the dressing over the wound. Smooth the dressing into place, ensuring that the edges of the dressing are not wrinkled.
During the early stages of treatment, ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive dressings should be inspected frequently; dressings can be left in place until exudate can be seen through the outer waterproof film layer and approaches 3/4" from the edge of the dressing.
To remove, lift one corner of the dressing and lift it gently away from the wound.
For sensitive skin