|::||Product Name:||Mepilex Transfer Soft Silicone Wound Dressing|
|::||Size:||6" x 8"|
|::||Packaging:||One box of 5 dressings|
Product Number: 294899
THE EFFECTIVE EXUDATE TRANSFER DRESSING
Mepilex Transfer is a thin and extremely conformable foam dressing that is used for skin protection or for wounds that exude a lot.
On exuding wounds, Mepilex Transfer will have some kind of absorbing pad on top of it. This can be changed without replacing Mepilex Transfer. The unique and patented SafetacŪ adhesive makes sure that your dressing can be changed without damaging your wound or skin around it. This makes the dressing change as pain free as possible and also makes sure that the skin around your wound stays dry and healthy.
As the Safetac layer seals around the wound, the foam of Mepilex Transfer allows the exudate to move straight into the secondary absorbent pad, but keeping the wound sufficiently moist.
Areas of use
Mepilex Transfer is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds or wound that are difficult to dress, such as:
- Tumour wounds
- Skin disorders such as Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB)
Main benefits of Mepilex Transfer
- Minimises pain and skin damage at dressing changes
- Well suited to be used under compression bandages
- Is extremely soft and very comfortable to wear
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- Low risk of skin irritation and allergy
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
100% Latex Free