(Optional Acrylic Wall Bracket, Medi-Scope™ Otoscope, and/or the KaWe Piccolight Otoscope, in your choice of three colors, may be added for an additional charge. Detailed information about these products are under the Otoscope Info tab below.)
|::||Product Name:||Doctor Easy Rhino Earwash System|
|::||Manufacturer:||Doctor Easy Medical Products|
|::||Packaging*:||One earwash bottle and three disposable tips in a plastic bag|
*Additional tips, basin, and Medi-Scope may be added here and are sold separately. The complete Elephant Ear Washer Kit is also available. It includes the bottle, 20 additional tips, basin, and acrylic wall bracket.
Doctor Easy recommends a solution of 1 part 3% hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts "body temperature" water. If desired, add a few drops of shampoo to the solution. Mix well before using. The Manufacturer assumes no responsibility for any other solution use.
INFORMATION PRINTED ON BOTTLE:
For Professional Use Only
Caution: Always examine the patient's ear before and after cleaning. Do not use this device in the presence of infections, ruptured tympanic membranes, or tympanic tubes.
Do not insert the hose tip too far into the ear canal in order to avoid possible injury to the tympanic membrane.
After ear has been cleaned, rinse away any remaining solution in the canal with warm water. The device should then be emptied and left to dry.
CONTENTS OF PRODUCT INSERT:
On your Rhino Ear Washer purchase. You will be impressed by its performance! But, before you use it, please familiarize yourself with the following information.
1. Do not use this device in the presence of infection, ruptured tympanic membranes or tympanic tubes.
2. Make sure to install a tip before using. Ensure that the tip end is not inserted too far into the ear canal as to avoid injury to the tympanic membrane.
Tip off end, make sure to UNSCREW after each use. Also, if flow of fluid is impeded due to the bending or plugging of tip end, back pressure may cause the tubing to separate from the barbed end of fitting.
3. Doctor Easy recommends a solution of 1 part 3% hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts "body temperature" water. If desired, add a few drops of shampoo to the solution. Mix well before using. The Manufacturer assumes no responsibility for any other solution use.
4. Do not use this device for any other purpose except that for which it is intended.
5. Always read the instructions printed on the bottle prior to each use. Rinse away any remaining solutions in the ear and allow the device to dry.
6. You may disinfect the exterior of the blue nozzle by wiping off with diluted disinfectant solution. You may disinfect the interior with the same solution by spraying through the trigger mechanism. DO NOT use autoclave.
Doctor Easy Ear Wax Removal Drops
Size: 0.5 fl oz (15 mL)
Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria)
Flower Extract, Glycerin, Oxyquinoline Sulfate
Packaging: One sealed plastic bottle in retail box.
Uses: For occasional use as an aid to soften, loosen, and remove excessive ear wax.
Do not use:
- If you have ear drainage or discharge, ear pain, irritation or rash in the ear or are dizzy; consult a doctor.
- If you have an injury or perforation (hole) of the ear drum or after ear surgery, unless directed by a doctor.
- for more than four consecutive days.
When using this product: Avoid contact with eyes. If accidental contact with eyes occurs, flush eyes with water and consult a doctor.
Stop use and ask a doctor if: Excessive ear wax remains after use of this product for 4 consecutive days.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
DIRECTIONS: FOR USE IN THE EAR ONLY.
Adults and children over 12 years of age: Tilt head sideways and place 5 to 10 drops into ear. Tip of applicator should not enter ear canal. Keep drops in ear for several minutes by keeping head tilted or placing cotton in the ear. Use twice daily for up to 4 days if needed, or as directed by a doctor.
Any wax remaining after the 4 day treatment may be removed by gently flushing the ear with warm (body temperature) water use a Doctor Easy Ear washer or soft bulb syringe. Children under 12, consult a physician.
Other information: Protect from heat and direct sunlight. Keep cap on bottle when not in use.
CAUTIONS: Tip of bottle should not enter ear canal. Never use instruments such as cotton swabs, toothpicks, or hairpins to remove wax from the ear canal. When the ear canal is irrigated, the tip of the ear syringe should not obstruct the flow of water leaving the ear canal. This product is not intended to restore hearing loss due to medical reasons. In such cases, consult a doctor.
NOTE: Doctor Easy Ear Drops will foam on contact with ear wax due to the release of oxygen. Also heating before use is not recommended.
Information from the Manufacturer, Apothecary Products, Inc.
Features of the Medi-Scope&trade: (this is an optional add-on to the kit. Please select "Yes" if you want to include it with your order)
- Quick and easy inspection of eyes, ears, nose and throat
- Allows for earlier medical attention and detecting potential problems
- Ear Speculum
- Pen Light
- Adult Tongue Depressor
- Infant Tongue Depressor
- Eye/Nose Speculum
- Mouth Mirror
Requires two AAA Batteries -- NOT included.
The Medi-Scope™ was designed for home use to easily inspect eyes, ears, nose and throat to provide better information to your doctor n family illnesses and progress after treatment. The Medi-Scope™ is designed to deliver extra bright, pre-focused high intensity light, which when used with the magnifying head piece and attachments, can expose problems in the mouth, ears, nose, or throat. Reporting this information to your doctor can result in prompt medical treatment.
The Medi-Scope™ is not intended to replace the work and expertise of your doctor, but rather to work with your doctor for better and quicker response to signs of problems.
This kit contains 7 pieces -- penlight, magnifying head piece, oral mirror, infant tongue depressor, adult tongue depressor, ear speculum and eye/nose speculum. Complete instructions are included inside. Request 2 AAA Batteries (not included).
It is recommended that you use the Medi-Scope™ to inspect the eyes, ears, nose and throat of family members while they are healthy, to familiarize yourself with the visual properties of healthy tissue. This will allow you to identify changes that may occur at a later date allowing you to communicate these changes to your doctor.
The magnifying head piece and individual attachments, except the penlight, should be washed before and after each use with warm, soapy water and then wiped off with rubbing alcohol. Allow to air dry. Do not immerse the pieces in boiling water or place in dishwasher. Do not allow moisture or water to get inside penlight. Care should be taken to avoid scratching the lens of the magnifying head piece.
The Medi-Scope™ uses 2 AAA replacement batters (not included). When the light in the penlight becomes dim, replace with 2 AAA batteries. Simply unscrew the penlight dispose of the old batteries properly, and insert new batteries.
Apothecary Products, Inc.
KaWe PICCOLIGHT F.O. Otoscope
Specifications and Information about KaWe Piccolight F.O. Otoscope
KaWe otoscopes are only to be used by authorized personnel. Used for medical inspection of natural bodily orifices such as ear, nose and mouth.
KaWe otoscopes are used in direct examination of the auditory canal and of the eardrum by means of ear funnels and handles in order to introduce the illuminated ear funnel with and without magnifying glass.
What is the purpose of the general medical otorhinolaryngological examination of the ear?
This examination enables the doctor to recognize different diseases and malfunctions in the area of the outer ear, the middle ear and the inner ear and to monitor their treatment.
KaWe PICCOLIGHT F.O. Specifications:
- Features fiber optics illumination with 2.5V xenon lamp and three times magnification.
- Broad unhindered line of sight.
- 20 disposable ear speculas
- Requires two AA batteries (not included).
- Matching cloth bag.
- 2.5 volt fiber optic halogen lighting system.
- Light intensity - 1000 lux in the field of view.
- 3X pivoting magnifying lens.
- Lens magnification - 3X
- Physical Dimensions: Length: 6-1/4", Handle width - 3/4", Head width - 1-1/2"
- Light Source - 2.5V halogen bulb
- Power Source - 2 "AA" batteries (not included)
- Battery life - approximately 10 weeks if used 10 times/day (1 min/use)
- Specula type - disposable
- Specula material - polypropylene or polycarbonate
- Unit weight - 3.9 oz with batteries.
Specula head & clip - aluminum
Magnifying lens - lycryl (PMMA)
- Specula type - disposable
- Specula material - polypropylene or polycarbonate
- Pocket clip with ON/OFF switch located on clip.
- Included: 2.5V halogen bulb and 20 disposable specula (10 2.5mm and 10 4.0mm)
- Made in Germany by Kirchner & Wilhelm (KaWe)
KaWe PICCOLIGHT features:
- Pocket-size, light-weight, handy, modern design
- Optimal light strength (centric)
- Ergonomic head shape
- Pivoting magnifying glass with 3-fold magnification
- Blower connection
From Package Insert
KaWe PICCOLIGHT F.O.
- F.O. illumination
- High-quality fibreoptics
- High-power 2.5 V xenon lamp
- Broad, unhindered line of sight
- Battery handle AA
- Disposable funnels
A good view ensures better hearing
Only since the 19th century has the diagnosis and treatment of disease in the ear, nose and throat area become simpler. The development of concave mirrors with holes in the centre enabled he illumination and inspection of the eardrum. The first otoscopes then followed of the examination of the outer ear canals and eardrum. Shortly before the end of the 19th century, ear medicine was united with its neighboring disciplines to form ear, nose and throat medicine. This union took place on the one hand because of the common examination technique, and on the other hand due to the realization of the close anatomical and functional connections with the upper respiratory tract.
Otoscopy enables the diagnosis of ailments such as inflammation of the outer ear, affection through foreign objects or parasites in the outer ear channels as well as ruptures or other changes in the eardrum. Otoscopes belong therefore not only in every ENT doctor's office, but also among the equipment of every paediatrician, general practitioner and emergency doctor. Otoscopy is also essential for audiologists in order to be able to assess the structure of the outer ear and to fit the proper hearing aids.
Today's otoscopes consist of a handle that contains a battery of an accumulator, an instrument head with standard illumination, F.O. or LED, a light source and an ear funnel.
KaWe has one of the largest product lines of otoscopes in the world (human/veterinary) and offers a large variety of accessories as well as a selection of otoscopecolours. The magnifying glass optics with either 3 or 2.5 times magnification ensures an optimally focused image. All fibre optics (F.O.) models are equipped with xenon lamps, which product particularly bright, white light. KaWe supplies high quality products at an unbeatable price.
Save $$$ over purchasing separately
Long-tube Elephant Ear Wash System
Save $$$ over purchasing separately
**NEW** short nozzle bottle
Preferred by doctors over emesis basins
for convenient storage
6.5% Carbamide Peroxide
Soothing Chamomile & Aloe